Reference

Tickseed / Threadleaf Coreopsis

Coreopsis verticillata ''Curry Up' and 'Hot Paprika'
From the Waterwise sale in summer 2019
Added 'Crazy Cayenne' from Bluestone Perennials in fall 2019

I just can't with coreopsis hybrids. All are gone now, I took them out in mid June 2020.

They were so colorful when planted, but of course winter took its toll, and I lost a couple the first winter, and the others were simply bits of thread even into the middle of June. Alive, but nothing to look at.

They don't fill in and leave empty spots in the spring - summer garden.
As of June 4, 2020, they are tiny. Alive and growing, but they leave an empty hole in the garden
while filling out. Will they even amount to anything this summer?

I put these at the corner of the potting bench curve. Love, love the hot sunny colors, but I dislike the threadlike leaves.

Coreopsis 'Curry Up'' and 'Hot Paprika' just planted August 9, 2019

I had so much trouble with hybrid tickseed in my Connecticut garden. They need very well draining soil, especially in winter. Even here, in this climate, the spots where they were planted were too wet in winter I think.


The golden tickseed flowered, was cut back and then flowered again in September. The red one immediately looked like it was dying, so I dug it up and put it in a pot, where it seems to live but didn't thrive.

In fall 2019 I added red 'Crazy Cayenne' to replace the struggling 'Hot Paprika'.

None of these did well in spring 2020 and I got rid of all of them.