Plans and
Design Ideas
To get for spring:Jackmanii Superba clematis3 new blue fescues for red pots
Marrubiums
3 Gauras to spread around in spots
1. Plants for the Circle Garden
> Sow blanketflower aristata seeds in spots to naturalize around and through other plants
> Plant marrubium silver edged horehound among moss rocks
2. Plants for the Potting Bench Curve
> Plant potted Leilani coneflowers in front of clematis tower in potting bench curve. ✔ done
> Replace Venosa violacae with a Jackmanii Superba
3. Prairie Pot Garden
I liked the wild abandon of the hairy goldenaster growing out of the stone wall, and when I surrounded it with pots of tall plants it was great. But the hairy goldenaster is a mess, seeds all over and flops. I don't want it to grow and bloom next year.
So, remove it (well, I can't take it out, but I can chop it back or if I have to I can apply weed killer.) Instead, surround the sundial with pots and keep the arrangement a little tidier. I do have more lush abandon in the new garden by the birdbath, so less need to have this spot by the deck filled with uninhibited masses.
> The Pots: Agastache, salvia, gaura, black eyed susans or divide the yellow tickseed, maybe a panicum Shenandoah?
4. Containers
> Reprise the three red pots behind the trough with three new blue fescue grasses -- I always like that combination. The green trough will have monardella macrantha.
> Figure out plants and pots to arrange on back patio.

