Reference

Pansy / Viola

Black Pansy / Viola cornuta 'Bowles Black'
From Waterwise sale in spring 2021 

I got a whole bunch and planted them at the edge of the potting bench curve where I wanted them to spread out and naturalize. 

Very dark and rich looking in front of the pale Biokovo geraniums. They bloomed beautifully all spring and into early summer.

But when summer's heat came, they shriveled and tried to disappear. It was not a good look at the front of the garden.

I took them out and potted them up. 

I guess I'll have a nice container display in spring and early summer, but can then put the pots aside out of sight when summer heat arrives. 

I'll keep them cool and watered, and then bring them back out when conditions are better for them. They should re-bloom in fall and I can bring the pots back out then.